Paardekooper and Associates (PA) is a Professional Conference Organiser (PCO). We work with a range of clients in a range of sectors including Government, University and Associations. To successfully carry out the services of a PCO, PA collects and processes Personal Data on a regular basis.
1. Personal Data
Personal Data is collected when it is necessary for the efficient organisation and management of the conference or event, including participation in sessions, professional accreditations, event promotion, management of lists for contacts, invitations, participants’ reports, distribution and feedback on reports, meeting follow-up, follow-up meetings, follow-up actions, news and publications.
As part of promoting PA services, Personal Data is also collected by PA for our online newsletter.
Personal Data could include:
- Personal Data that you provide when your register or subscribe to a conference or event including your name, email address, phone number, home address, employer, privacy opt-in, professional affiliations or society membership.
- Sensitive Data could include dietary requirements, medical or mobility requirements, religion-based requirements.
- A photo / passport/identity card number/ date of birth may be required to verify identity for some events. They may be used for preparing the entrance permissions and access control purpose by security guards where the conference/event takes place.
- Photos, video and audio recording taken at the event and used to publicise the event. If you wish that your image or voice is not recorded and published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please contact PA who will accommodate your needs if possible.
- Financial Data that relates to purchase and payment of conference or event registrations and sponsorships including credit card or bank account details.
- Personal Data contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including emails, text messages or social media messaging).
- Anonymous information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Third Party Sites or Paardekooper and Associates website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- Any other Personal Data that you choose to send to us.
2. Personal Data Collected for Conferences and Events
Personal Data is collected when you register for a conference, make payment for registration or sponsorship, visit the conference website, sign up to a conference app, make a telephone call, take part in a survey or poll, express an interest in a conference or event or sign up to receive information about a conference or event.
A conference may decide to use social media such as Google Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Apple, conference app, or any other app developer, app store or social media platform provider to create a conference community. Please be aware that we are not responsible for any Personal Data that you disclose to third-party companies and we encourage you to carefully read their policies relating to collection, privacy, disclosure, and use of your Personal Data. Note that social media sites may also include links to other websites whose privacy practices differ from those of Paardekooper and Associates.
Collection of Sensitive Data will only occur with an individual’s consent unless the collection is; required by law to establish, exercise or defend a legal or equitable claim, or; necessary to prevent or lessen a serious or imminent threat to the life or health of the individual who is the subject of the information.
3. Personal Data collected by Paardekooper and Associates
Paardekooper and Associates also collects data for their own marketing purposes using a Third Party marketing system. Personal data may be collected when you opt-in to PA newsletters or visit the PA website. You will have the ability to unsubscribe from newsletters if you choose to no longer receive these.
PA does not use Personal data collected for events and conferences for its own purposes.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data will only be used or disclosed for its original purpose of collection, or for a secondary purpose as required or permitted by law.
Delegate Lists that contain Personal Data (name, organisation, email) may be produced for an event for sharing with other delegates or sponsors of the event. You will always be provided with the option when registering to opt out of sharing your information on the Delegate List with other delegates.
5. PA Client access to Personal Data
PA are contracted by the purchaser of our services (PA Clients) to protect the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Data whilst it is in our care.
All PA Clients have the right of access to delegate and attendee list information for their event. Personal Data is received on behalf of a purchaser of our services who owns the Delegate Lists.
Sensitive and Financial Data is excluded from delegate data provided to clients.
6. Data Security
In processing data, PA will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data so that it is not misused, lost accessed by unauthorised people, modified or disclosed.
7. Individual Access and Correction
PA take all reasonable steps to maintain the accuracy of Personal Data it holds and to allow people to access and amend their personal information unless the law does not allow it.
8. Group Registrations
Before you disclose to us the Personal Data of another person, (e.g. if you are registering several people from your organisation for an event), you must obtain each person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that Personal Data in accordance with this policy.
9. What happens to Personal Data when an event is over?
Records containing Personal information will be held by PA until there is no longer a need or obligation to retain such records, after which time they will be deleted, destroyed or de-identified.
Ownership of conference and event data, excluding Sensitive and Financial Data is vested with the purchaser of our services who will receive a copy of the data once the event is completed.
10. Third Party Supplier Privacy Policies
Third Pary Suppliers privacy policies follow. Note, other Third Party Suppliers not listed may be used by an Event. Please ensure you are reading their latest policy.
- Aventri: https://www.aventri.com/privacy-policy
- iContact: https://www.icontact.com/legal/privacy
- Wind Cave (Payment Express): https://sec.windcave.com/pxmi3/privacy-policy
- XERO: https://www.xero.com/nz/about/privacy/
- Google Docs: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Survey Monkey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy-policy/
UPDATED 25 May 2018